Friday, August 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cupcakes

I really like to bake. I make up my own recipes for some stuff and others I get from other places but people often ask me for recipes, etc. I thought this blog would not only help me stay organized and have all of my recipes in one place but when people ask me for recipes they will all be in one place for them to look!

Cupcakes are my favorite. And my go to recipe is one I made up (and my husband's favorite). After all, what's better than peanut butter and chocolate?

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cupcakes:


2 c. all-purpose flour (I use Gold Medal)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. cocoa powder (dutch process/NOT unsweetened)
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. milk (Sometimes I use soy, either works)
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/3 c. butter or margarine
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2/3 c. milk chocolate morsels


First, mix the sugar and softened butter or margarine in a large mixing bowl and beat at low speed until fully blended (should only take a few minutes with an electric mixer). Then, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder together in a separate bowl and slowly sift in the powdered ingredients while beating the mixture at low speed. Beat the eggs in a separate container and then add to the batter. Mix well. Then add vanilla extract to mixture. Next, mix in the peanut butter and beat at medium speed until batter is smooth. Then add milk. Lastly, add chocolate chips.


Fill cupcake pans 2/3 full and heat at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Let cool and then frost with chocolate frosting (store bought or home made).

No comments:

Post a Comment